- The selector position is a material handling, labor intensive job which prepares customer orders for shipment, including lifting 25-70 lbs product cases.
- Building orders and driving pallet jacks processes work orders in the warehouse by manually selecting the correct products from the racks and palletizing them.
- Use of a scanner to select correct cases Validates that correct product has been selected and is damage free
Must maintain a competitive average throughput.
Overtime and Holiday work is mandatory. Start time schedule is 6PM to 3AM. Start times can change depending on business demands.
- Pass a criminal background check and drug screen.
- Must be able to pass a drug screen, physical and background check.
- Must purchase Steel Toe Boots (company reimbursement up to $50).
- Must be able to continuously lift up to 70lbs. and handle physically demanding manual work, Safety back belt provided by the company.
- Preferred to read and understand English.
- Must be able to read alpha and numeric codes from pick sheets and slots.
- Perform all pre-shift duties including warm up and safety checks on all equipment.
- The Selector is responsible for physically lifting each case of product and stacking the product safely onto a pallet.
- Strong communication skills and work ethic.
- Good customer service skills and a sense of urgency.
- Able to withstand changing climates (temperatures range from 85 degrees in the Dry area to -20 degrees in the Freezer area).
- Selectors are responsible for building customer orders in a timely and accurate fashion. Selectors utilize walkie rider pallet jacks and wrist worn computers that direct them to the appropriate pick slot in the warehouse.
- The number one priority is that our warehouse associates perform their duties in a safe matter at all times.
- The average case weight is approximately 35 pounds and will get as heavy as 70 pounds plus. A selector will lift 20,000 to 30,000 pounds a day.
- You will be expected to maintain a minimum average throughput that varies based on temperature zone (dry, cooler, freezer). Throughput is defined as your total cases selected by the total hours worked.
- An Order Selector will be required to maintain an accuracy standard to insure that the customer receives an accurate order at every delivery.
- Attend all required company meetings and adhere to all safety practices and company policies.
- Must satisfactorily complete all company mandated trainings and assessments
Shift: Start times are subject to change at any time. Overtime and Holiday work is mandatory. Work schedules may change during a holiday week. All warehouse associates will be obligated and trained to work in all temperature zones and may be trained in different jobs. Shift is not complete until work is finished.
- High School Education or GED preferred. Related Experience/Requirements:
- Desired one year recent experience in highly physical, labor intensive occupation preferred (ex.: construction, farm worker, roofing, freight handler with FedEx, UPS or USPS, trash collection with Waste Mgmt, etc). Minimum of six months comparable warehouse experience preferred. Minimum six months experience with warehouse material handling equipment (electric pallet jack or high low) preferred. Minimum six months experience working with manual order selection/order filling systems, (i.e. Red Prairie, Voice Directed Picking Software) preferred.
- Must be able to perform the following physical activities for described length of time:
- Stand, Walk, Drive, Push, Pull, Step, Climb, Balance, Stoop, Squat, Kneel, Bend, Reach above shoulder, Grasp objects, Manipulate objects, Reach, Turn
- JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO LIFT: 1-10lbs: Occasionally 10-20lbs: Frequently 25-50lbs: Frequently 50-100lbs: Frequently Over 100lbs: Never JOB REQUIRES WORKER TO CARRY: 1-10 lbs: Occasionally 10-20 lbs: Occasionally 25-50 lbs: Occasionally 50-100 lbs: Occasionally Over 100 lbs:
- ***EOE Race/Color/Religion/Sex/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/National Origin/Protected Veteran/Disability Status***